Occasionally NNAI receives notices from business associates regarding new projects that will require a workforce.
Some times these are local to Ninilchik, while others are local to the State of Alaska only. If you are interested in any opportunities listed here please let our office know as soon as possible so we may direct you to the proper channels.
The Ninilchik Natives Association, Inc. is currently looking to hire an Office Administrator. Résumés with cover letters will be accepted at the NNAI office or via email to email@example.com.
|Position: Office Administrator
Reports to: CEO or as directed
Pay: $15.00/hr DOE
Type: Part Time with Full Time advancement potential
Closing Date: When position is filled
Probationary Period: 90 days with 30 day review
This position is designed to provide direct administrative support to the Office of NNAI and to facilitate the smooth accomplishment of work.
- Greet and interact with visitors and guests; Facilitate and direct incoming traffic;
- Preserve the confidentiality of proprietary information and use good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority;
- Answer and direct shareholder questions and written inquiries, as appropriate;
- Receive phone calls and assigned emails and accurately route messages;
- Retrieve and log mail from the post office, sort and disseminate incoming mail and documents, as appropriate; Log and send outgoing mail including packages, rush envelopes, flat/letter/postcard mailings etc.
- Perform administrative assistance: provide and receive information concerning matters related to the company, outside agencies, shareholders, and others using clear communication;
- Perform and implement the company filing system;
- Organize and maintain electronic files on the Company Server;
- Upkeep of current newsworthy information in local papers and NNAI shareholder/corporate news for our files and the NNAI newsletter;
- Support the production of the NNAI quarterly newsletter;
- Prepare and send shareholder mailings including Christmas cards, newsletters, annual meeting packets, and other shareholder notices;
- Assist planning and preparation for Annual Meetings and Holiday parties; attend as applicable;
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Financial Audits;
- Monitor, upkeep and purchase: office supply inventory, materials and software, as well as office equipment contracts with the Administrative Staff as needed;
- Research travel information and make needed reservations for traveling office personnel and/or board members;
- Support Office Administration and other NNAI Staff as needed;
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Highly detailed, driven and organized person;
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
- Experience using computers; specifically Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook) is highly recommended;
- Dependable, honest and trustworthy;
- Ability to comprehend, retain and apply to the broad spectrum of the company: instructions, procedures, and guidelines;
- Familiarity with modern office procedures, business letter writing, recordkeeping, and basic bookkeeping;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree in business or equivalent in a related field is recommended.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in providing administrative support work or related experience is recommended.
- A demonstrated knowledge of office procedures and practices is highly recommended.
- Probationary Period: 90 days with 30 day review.
- Part Time Position: Up to 30 Hours per week. Schedule is flexible/as needed.
- Full Time Position: 40 hours per week. Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Benefits: PTO and Holiday Pay as per NNAI Policy.
- Full Time only Individual insurance and SIMPLE Plan after successful completion of the 90 day probate.
Please drop off a resume and cover letter to the NNAI office at 15730 Sterling Hwy, Ninilchik, AK 99639 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to call the office at 907.567.3866 with questions.
|Cook Inlet Tribal Council Employment Training and Services is the preferred job placement program of NNAI. They assists participants in achieving self-sufficiency by helping them find meaningful and sustainable employment as they progress through lifestyle changes and enhance their communication, life management, vocational and academic skills.Link to the CITC Employment Training and Services